#MyPalestine is a crowd-sourced photography campaign on social media to show Palestine and its people to the world. PIPD believes it is important for the world to see the human side of the Palestinian struggle for freedom and basic rights.
See below for more detail about this project and the competition guidelines.
#MyPalestine is a crowd-sourced photography campaign on social media to show Palestine and its people to the world. People will be asked to take photographs of “their” Palestine and share them under the hashtag #MyPalestine on Instagram and Facebook. PIPD will repost and promote select photographs, and work with a panel of judges to choose photographs for a prize to feature in galleries around the world. The campaign will run from March 19, 2018 to September 30, 2018.
- The #MyPalestine campaign will run from March 19, 2018 to September 30, 2018. Any photographs submitted outside those dates will not be considered for the prize, exhibitions or digital reposts. When an image is chosen for the traveling exhibition, the participant who submitted it will be contacted through the social media account used to submit it.
- The photographs submitted must be the participant’s own.
- Photographs on Facebook and Instagram will be primarily considered. For those who wish to participate but do not use these platforms, please email us your submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission shall be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions set by PIPD.
- A panel of experienced judges will choose photographs to feature in exhibitions around the world. The photograph with the most votes from the judges will receive a prize from PIPD.
- Panel’s decison shall be final and shall be not subject to correspondence or appeal.
- By using the hashtag #MyPalestine participants agree to grant PIPD an irrevocable worldwide license rights to promote, publish and reproduce their photographs online, as well as part of exhibitions and in other publications.
- Pictures can be submitted whether or not they have been published before.
- Pictures must not depict the signature, watermark, name, or any other material than the substance of the image itself.
- The content of a picture must not be altered by adding, rearranging, reversing, distorting or removing people and/or objects from within the frame. Instagram filters are especially discouraged in the campaign.
- Photographs should do not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, profane content or any content that incites violence.
- All participants must confirm that persons in images have granted permission to be portrayed, respect the privacy and status of those in the photographs, especially if they are in a vulnerable position, and their safety or security is at risk.
- The photographs do not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity. Participant shall hold PIPD harmless against any claims or liability arising from their work or action or participation in this campaign.
- Not all pictures submitted will be reposted, published, or chosen for a prize. PIPD reserves its right to disqualify any image on its own discretion, or if it does not comply with the terms and conditions of the campaign.
- Captions that are submitted alongside images will not be considered when judging images.
- There is no limit to the number of images that participants may submit.